Getting your home ready for the home inspection is due diligence on the seller’s end. Some people think it’s a tough job, but it’s actually easy. Here at Home Inspection Boston, we’ve listed 7-tips on preparing for the home inspection:
- Clean The House – not necessarily deep cleaning, but a well-cleaned home leaves a good impression on whoever walks into your home. Clean up the exterior as well. Most homeowners overlook the thought that Home Inspection Boston. Home inspectors are people first and inspectors second. A clean home shows how much you take care of it. Get rid of the thought that the inspector will see past ‘stuff’ because most won’t.
- Before The Scheduled Time Is ‘On-time’ – Be prepared for the inspector 15-30 minutes prior to the appointment time. Make sure that your house is ready for the inspector to begin the inspection.
- Give Access To All Areas – a home inspection is a non-invasive visual examination, but it doesn’t mean our home inspectors are just looking around. The home inspector will operate the appliances, test the electrical system and plumbing looking for any issues, leaks, etc. Make sure everything is on and operational or the inspector might have to reschedule the inspection, delaying the inspection report, which could ultimately delay the sale.
- Remove Any Clutter Or Blockages – The inspector will need at least three to four feet of working space to inspect items such as the furnace, air conditioner, electrical panel, and water heater. Make sure to remove boxes, bookcases, shelves, or furniture that might be blocking the space.
- Provide Easy Access To Every Room – This includes the attic, basement, and crawlspace. Be sure the path is clear for the inspector to inspect these areas as well as any other room in the house. Secure valuables and possibly move items away from the walls at least two feet.
- Leave Keys For Exterior Building Access – label the keys and put them on the kitchen table for the inspector.
- Provide Documentation Of Repairs Or Renovations – Whether you installed a brand new AC system or had a plumbing system fixed, it is important that you provide documents for all the remodeling or repairs done to your home. This way, the buyer will feel more confident with your home, knowing that these items were inspected and that you are transparent.
A comprehensive Buyer’s inspection report can make or break the sale of your home. When considering putting your home on the market, it is a good idea to have your own Boston home inspection conducted. As a seller, you want to present the best side of your home to buyers so knowing of any issues, fixing them before the first buyer arrives is a good thing.
At Home Inspection Boston, we are your Home Buying and Selling Advocate. Are you planning to sell your property in the Boston area? We Can Help!
Give us a call today at (617) 202-3919 or Schedule Your Home Inspection Boston Today!
Your Premier Boston Home Inspection Company | Let this experienced Boston Inspector company help keep you from buying The Money Pit. We’ll alert you to any and all issues and maintenance needs of the property you’re looking to buy.
Metro Boston Property Inspections will be your home buying or selling advocate! We are committed to providing you with outstanding service. We’re highly experienced and extremely thorough. If you’re looking to buy or sell in the Boston area, we can help!
Owned and operated by commercial inspector and mold inspection specialist, Tod Whiting, Metro Boston Property Inspections prides itself on being committed to following high standards and providing professional service to all of our customers.
Call (617) 202-3919 Today or Click To Schedule Online 24/7 Right From Our Website
Safety, Security and Peace Of Mind ~ Metro Boston Property Inspections!